Saturday, August 16, 2008

*crickets*

Anybody still reading this???? I know that I was ghost for quite some time but I'M BACK!!! I took a break from academia this summer which means I also took a break from this blog... my bad to those who do read and were waiting for updates.

School starts this Monday (the 18th) and I'm teaching my first college-level course. How do I feel about it? Excited, nervous, geeked, anxious.... you get the point. I finally finished my course syllabus and I even know what we're going to do the first day of class...What I'm not ready for is how to address the why do you look so young question? Or the chance that one of my students will hit on me... my boyfriend and every guy/girl friend that I have has told me that it's going to happen. My boyfriend thinks it's cute to torture me about it but I'm super worried about being taken seriously.

How's everyone out there in academia doing?

Expect lots of blogs/updates as the semester progresses...

WISH ME LUCK!!!

2 comments:

svrbrownsuga said...

Awwww u are gonna do fine! I am soo happy and proud of you. Take care and Keep praying and smiling :D

Miss Foxxy said...

wow, how exciting to TEACH a college-level course! i'd be a nervous wreck, too, if i were you.. but you'll do fine! do let us know how it's going!

and.. umm.. who's this "boyfriend" you're talking about? i'mma need an explanation! haha..