Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm such a nerd...

Last night I went to see Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian and in the middle of the movie I started thinking of possible dissertations. Crazy right? As someone who was raised strict Pentecostal it's easy for me to pick up on religious connotations in different things. Well last night I realized that there is so much literature that is supposedly written for children with these overwhelming amounts of religious rhetoric. It also didn't help that earlier in the day I was watching The Golden Compass. So I'm going to spend the summer reading The Chronicles of Narnia series and His Dark Materials series. Part of it will be for pleasure but it will also be for research purposes as well.

I can't even go to the movies without thinking about some aspect of school work lol.

No comments: