Sunday, May 18, 2008

Summer Vacation!

It's been about a month since I first posted. The end of the semester was CRAZY!!! I had so much work to get done and I wasn't feeling the best emotionally. This past semester was one of the hardest I've had in my academic career. I'm glad it's over and I'm ready to start the next chapter. I decided to take a break from school this summer so I'm just working and catching up on reading for pleasure.

Even though I'm taking a break from classes this summer that doesn't mean my academic career is on hold. I'm going to start studying so I can retake the GRE in the fall and also do research on which PhD programs I want to apply too in the fall. Oh and I found out that I will be teaching freshman composition in the fall as my assistantship so I'll also spend the summer coming up with my course syllabus, lesson plans and assignments. I'm definitely nervous about teaching but it's something that I need experience in plus I get to buy a new wardrobe.

1 comment:

svrbrownsuga said...

Gurlie I know what you mean. This semester I worked soo hard. but everything always falls in place. soo yay for vacation. I gotta take the gre's too yikes!!!